Sunday

Natural Remedies And Frozen Shoulder

I have to be honest here and say right up front that I'm not a pill taker kind of person. Ever since I was a little girl I've hated the idea of taking medicine or tablets - much to the annoyance of Bill (my husband) who doesn't have any such hangups.

So ... it's always been my inclincation to look for natural ways to treat things and my frozen shoulder is no different.

I'll cut to the chase and tell you that I eventually found acupuncture for frozen shoulder to be the best option for me but here are some other things I tried - with notes attached in the hope that it helps you. Same as before please - if you can add to this list then please please leave a message for me.

Acupuncture - worked really well to ease the pain. Still a bit stiff but went for treatment every third day for a while. Acupuncture treatment not nearly as bad as I feared it would be.

Homeopathic treatment - went to see a local homeopathic natural doctor. Gave me some little tablets but I'm not sure what they were. Took them every day for three weeks near the start of my frozen shoulder problem but did not find them helpful

Reiki - two gos at this. Lovely woman did the treatments. Lovely and relaxing. No help for me though. Same story with reflexology - same woman actually.

Herbal treatments - Comfrey and Arnica tablets - made me more relaxed and I slept with less pain at night but I would say the impact was only slight. Maybe I didn't persist long enough because my friend said they had worked really well when she had a back pain.

Bowen therapy for frozen shoulder - I tried and tried to find a Bowen Therapist because I'd heard so much about it but could not find anyone local. Nearest was about 200 miles away for me - too far to travel in winter. I've read lots of good reports about Bowen Treatment for shoulder pains so this is definitely something you should look out for if you have joint pains or joint problems.

OK - will write more tomorrow. If you have a shoulder pain then I hope you're finding some comfort

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy,

    I hope you were sucessful in finding a good bowen therapsit to cure your pain. And you are feeling good.

    Have a look at my Blog as well, I wrote it to promote Bowen Therpay as it cured my severe back pain and I fell in love with bowen therapy.

    Regards,

    Nizi

    www.mybowentherapist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe what my mom has is frozen shoulder. she has pain fom her shoulder to her hand and,she's sixty years old and and this is the first time she's had this. can you give us a general idea of how long this can last?
    thankyou

    ReplyDelete